[nabs-l] NFB training centers and guide dogs

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Thu May 12 22:22:52 UTC 2011

Kirt,
I'm sure 6-9 months of training would end up being useful in ways that I can't imagine right now because sometimes we are not even aware of things that we can improve in. All I'm saying is that I feel as though in a month or two I could get enough training to see substantial improvements in the areas where I know I need them. In other words, the opportunity cost of staying in a center for 9 months seems to high for me at this point. I think that it's probably easier to do these things after college if, as you say, you are basically just fine right now and you know you will do well even if you don't get training right away.
In any case, I'm sure all of us do things in different ways, and what works for me might not work for you.
Please do let us know what you do though!!!

IC