[nabs-l] Why Did I Join Nabs?

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu May 26 01:27:09 UTC 2011

I suppose since I asked the  question,  I should probably answer it as well.
  I got involved with the NFB  at-large, and then eventually got
involved with nabs . I watched  the list  for years and  then kind of
faded away because I didn't know if it all made sense to me, or if
this was where  the people I identified with were.  People in this
organization had a way of bringing me back into the  fold just when I
was ready to  give up, on account of not having a connection with
folks.  i Have to say that because of each  person who has taken the
time to talk to me about the organization or befriend me,  I'm still
here and deeply appreciate it all.
  I, like everyone else has said, appreciates the thoughts opinions
and points of view that people have here and feel in some small way
connected to  the people here.  Some of you I've met, probably alot of
you I will meet, and others I probably will never meet, but I think
I've benifited from the words of each of you, and have become wiser
for them.
 One of  the most amazing things I've been  able to be a part  of is
our anual meeting at convention because  of the great energy  in the
room.  That energy it's self is enough to energize you for a year-
though conventionjust gets you  that much more amped lol.
 I know  there is work to do in our states, students to encourage,
people to educate and  much more than what I could mention in one
sitting.  Because of those things I love not only participating in the
discussions but being a part of the work that  we do. I don't know if
 this does much  to answer anything, but it's what I got! lol.
  Darian