[nabs-l] Security in ourselves, acceptance in others

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu May 26 16:41:43 UTC 2011

Hello all,
   Something that I have been thinking about is how we in the NFB tend
to treat each other when we don't understand  one's lifestyle, choice
of phrases, thought processes.
 It is true that  as humans we   tend to fear the unknown, and act out
in ignorance, but sometimes I feel like it boarders on the  extreme.
I would like to see what people find to be true in their expiriences
and how we can be accepting of people at whatever point that they are
at in their life expirences, education, blindness etc.
  I would  be very interested to hear about constructive stradigies
people have used to get this done.
  Best,
  Darian

--
Darian Smith
Skype: The_Blind_Truth
Windows Live: Lightningrod2010 at live.com
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/goldengateace

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose.

— Robert Byrne