[nabs-l] Security in ourselves, acceptance in others

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Sat May 28 15:54:13 UTC 2011

I think I understand what you both are communicating.
 I don't believe (nor am I terribly sure that either Mike or Briley
are  actually saying)  that there is a close comparison so much to we
as blind people and  the african/black american expirience in this
nation.  I just  feel like we, as blind people will find a difficult
time finding our own versions of  Rodney King Or Oscar Grant, that
would clearly underscore  the same  emotions, concerns and the like
that as an ethnic grou  blacks face. So in a way, I  wonder if we
arn't  approachingan "apples and Oranges" situation?
 Best,
  Darian