[nabs-l] Your thoughts on touch screen

Tina Hansen th404 at comcast.net
Tue May 31 23:14:58 UTC 2011

This discussion on touch screens is indeed interesting. Personally, while I
am pleased that access to touch screen interfaces has come a long way, I
think that there will still be a place for physical keys and buttons. This
leads me to a thought that's been floating around in my head for some time:
is it possible to design a keypad accessory that can be programmed to
communicate with any tool out there, much like a universal remote control?

This discussion also has caused some to argue that voice recognition would
be the ultimate solution, but the more I see what's going on, I'm not so
sure that's going to be true. Any thoughts? Thanks.