[nabs-l] Your thoughts on touch screen

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Tue May 31 23:48:32 UTC 2011

Julie,
  I can definitely respect that, but you don't really have to know
where everything is on the IPOD touch screen to find it.  If yo flick
your finger across, it just goes around till you find the thing you're
looking for...and I've gotten pretty fast at it.  Even so, I can
totally understand why you don't like it, keyboards and buttons are
nifty and I'm sure they'll always have a place.  Even sighted people,
mostly, prefer typing on keyboards (just look at the bluetooth
keyboard boom with Ipads and iphones) so I'm not really sure they'll
ever go away.  As for notetakers, I think they'll always be an option.
 Although, with a bluetooth keyboard and a small braille display, my
ipod touch could do as much (if not more) than an Apex or a Braille
Sense.  But that doesn't change the fact that notetakers are very
convenient and lots of people will probably be using them for a while
because they're just so darn practical.
  Respectfully,
Kirt