[nabs-l] Security in ourselves, acceptance in others

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Tue May 31 22:54:50 UTC 2011

You make a lot of sense! I'm still trying to get rid of my
blindism, and sometimes I would get a little annoyed when Mom
always "got on my case" about it.  She told me that, like it or
not, the world around me is mostly sighted and wrong or right,
they make judgments on people based on what they see.  So if we
want to change what it means to be blind (hint hint, NFB says
that all the time) we need to convey that positive image about
blindness not only in what we say, but in what sighted people see
visually from us.

 Chris

--- Sent from my BrailleNote