[nabs-l] Advertising to Blind People: How is it Done?

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:40:30 UTC 2011

Good morning! Today my English professor brought up a good questgion
that is related to an assignment we'll be doing in class. The
assignment is to analyze an advertisement, such as in a magazine or on
television. We will be discussing the alternative for me today, but I
wanted to get some ideas from you all.

How do companies such as JAWS and GMA Games advertise to their
audience, blind people? What format do they use, and can you give an
example of advertisement? What about Apple and their VoiceOver...how
did they advertise their builtin screenreader to blind people? Can you
give me examples of advertisements directed to blind people as the
audience, and what format they are in?

Thhank you for any input you can provide.

~Jewel