[nabs-l] openbook questions and braille notes

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 04:18:42 UTC 2011

Hi Ashley,
This is sort of related to the other thread I just responded to, but
saving files in alternative formats in Open Book is pretty
straightforward. Go to File > Save As, Tab once to the File Type combo
box, select the type of file you want using the arrow keys, then click
on OK when you are ready (after entering other information such as the
file name, etc.). If you save the file in Word, plain text, or rtf
format, then you can read it using your Braille Note. I have never
used the Save As Audio File feature, but I imagine it works pretty
similarly-- It will probably convert your file into a format that can
be played on the Stream (and probably the Braille Note too, since it
also has a DAISY player).
Katie