[nabs-l] openbook questions and braille notes

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 9 23:09:17 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Openbook has many advanced features I haven’t learned.
Some questions.

1. Once I scan it, I can save to the pc and read there obviously. What else? Can I read a openbook file on the BrailleNote?
If so, I could save to a storage device and read from there. I don’t think the Braille Note mpower accepts openbook files, though.
2. Can I save the file to another format such as .rtf or .txt? I would find it easier to edit this way. If yes, how?
3. How does the save as audio file work? What format is it in? I assume you can
save that audio file on the PC and then transfer to any storage device and listen to it on another device with that storage device. Like you could use a VR stream, I think and SD card as the storage device.
What devices can you listen to these digital files on? Mp3 players? BrailleNotes?

Thanks.