[nabs-l] Grabbing and streetcrossing help

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 21:01:12 UTC 2011

One time I was walking along minding my own business, and a man ran up
behind me and grabbed me in a bear hug. I don't know what he thought he was
protecting me from; however, I was in an area that wasn't the best, so I
reacted without thinking. The man got a steal towed boot slammed on his
foot, and an elbow in the kidneys. Needless to say, that was rather painful,
and I sort of felt bad when he picked himself up, and stated that he was
only trying to help. However, I for the life of me can't figure what
provokes people to grab onto us without warning.