[nabs-l] Grabbing etc.

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 11 00:09:36 UTC 2011

Arielle,
That would be a problem. I'd say the same thing, telling them I am fine and
need to hear traffic to make a safe crossing.

But, I'll admit, I cannot always figure out the traffic cycle/pattern. Yes I
know when there's a surge of parallel traffic. But its not always clear; for
one thing, there may be insufficient traffic. For another, there may be so
many turning cars that its not clear which street is going.
So, I might actually get help if they want to help, but I'll go sighted
guide then.

But if we're walking up to a street and intend to cross independently, isn't
it something how sighted people get interested in us. I mean, how do they
think we got to the street in the first place?

I think its just that in urban areas there are many pedestrians and they
don't know how we cross streets; so many want to help.

Ashley