[nabs-l] Slightly O.T. Reporting JAWS Bugs

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 01:57:44 UTC 2011

Ignasi,

When companies are not very helpful, my strategy is to call them.
I do this because if you send an email to a company with a
problem or bug report, they can just hit delete and ignore your
email, or just not read it.  But if you call them, you've got a
rep from the company right there, and if you give them a bug
report or something, they have to listen to you and can't
possibly ignore you.  Also, at many companies including
Humanware, Freedom Scientific, and RFBD (there are probably other
companies, but those are the ones I know of,) calls are recorded
for management to hear and make sure the customer service quality
was adequate.  So, if they give you some double-speak answer or
try to dodge the question, you can tell them that the call is
being recorded and that said recording will go to the company's
management.

Chris

nuisance."
-- Kenneth Jernigan (President, National Federation of the Blind,
1968-1986

P.S.  The I C.A.N.  Foundation helps blind and visually impaired
youth in Maryland say "I can," by empowering them through
providing assistive technology and scholarships to camps and
conventions which help them be equal with their sighted peers.
For more information about the Foundation and to support our
work, visit us online at www.icanfoundation.info!

Sent from my BrailleNote Apex