[nabs-l] Blindness and religion

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Fri Nov 18 03:20:58 UTC 2011

Hi, it's Joshua Lester.
Chris and Arielle brought this up in an earlier thread.
I would have posted this on the Faith-Talk list, but they probably
wouldn't get it.
I have faced discrimination in church's, because of my blindness.
For example, I was promoting 2 different concerts, at the same church.
Both times, they had communion.
When they passed out the sacraments, I noticed that they had skipped
me, for some reason.
I don't know why, but I think that they thought that I couldn't
partake of the sacraments, by myself.
They think that blind people are mintally deficient, but I think that
they're the ones that are ignorant about us.
Needless to say, I haven't been back to that cult.
You can't call them a true church, if they don't show the true love of
Jesus, who never discriminated against people, based on race,
disability, etc.
Blessings, Joshua