[nabs-l] modeling classes

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 20 21:21:31 UTC 2011

Hi all,
Bridgit spoke about modeling classes as a means of learning proper movement and how to carry oneself.

She said
“Another way to learn a more natural body movement is to take modeling
classes. Now, these can cost, but so can dance and acting classes- it's
something to invesigate before signing up. Modeling classes will teach
you specifically how to walk and how to use your face to relay things.
Models on the runway often use an unnatural gate, but in modeling class
itself, you learn how to carry yourself meaning you learn how to move in
a graceful, fluid manner.”

Sounds good. I didn’t think of modeling classes. I’ve never met anyone who took one. Dance and acting classes are offered at colleges and community centers; they cover the basics because they don’t intend for people to be professionals. I wonder if people take modeling classes for the same reason, to improve how they walk, talk, and  carry themselves, but not  necessarily to be professoional models.

I’d be curious to know if anyone took such a class and how it went.

Ashley