[nabs-l] Legal system not supporting blind people

Loren Wakefield isaiah5719 at mchsi.com
Wed Nov 23 01:38:28 UTC 2011

With the help of nfb and so on, we can start to change things here.  At
least we have a chance to change it.  If there's a better country, go to it.
But good luck changing it.

As to losing your child just because you are blind, there's not even flawed
logic to that.  And hopefully that will change in time as well.  I just
became a grandpa for the first time on the first of this month.  Someone
mentioned on this list that a family was separated for the first two months
of a baby's existence.  The comment was made that that is a very long time
and lots of changes happen during those first two months.  How true.
There's been so many changes in the first three weeks of Zander's life, it
is unreal.  (By the way, if I may boast a little bit here, my grandson is
vcuter than yours.)  Having said that, I cannot imagine losing your child to
a bureaucrat, just because you are blind.  That's one reason, I will fight
to make sure such things do not happen anymore.  So let me lend my voice to
those in the federation who are helping to make this change happen.  My
second grandson will be born in the next month.  I get a second grandson
that is cuter than yours, and both in the span of a couple months.  Keep
fighting people.