[nabs-l] How we appear towards sighted

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Thu Nov 24 03:09:06 UTC 2011

Tara,

I'm right with you there. For me, the bottom line is that it's up to
each of us what we do and why; we shouldn't be doing one thing or
another just to please others, especially if their opinion really
doesn't matter anyway. And to tell you the truth, the opinions of most
sighted people really don't matter, and this is the case whether you
are blind or sighted. It seems to me, however, that we as a class tend
to base a lot of our decisions regarding blindness on the opinions of
the sighted who really haven't a clue what our experiences mean to us.
I don't think that makes a lot of sense. Just saying.

Respectfully,
Jedi