[nabs-l] Staring

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 25 21:36:43 UTC 2011

I hate it when people stare in a very blatant manner; it's so rude. I
think, however, we need to be careful of how, what and when we choose to
address a person, or persons, staring at us. We don't know exactly why
they're staring, nor can we officially determine that they are staring
at us. Even with sight, you never know these answers. If in an extremely
close proximity, it's easier to determine, but you can't say for sure,
blind or sighted, if a person is staring because they find you
attractive, or they may be staring off into space just thinking, and it
appears as though they're staring at you, or some people just like to
people watch. As a sighted person, it can be interesting to sit back and
observe various people; I use to do it, and I know quite a few people
who do it.

Of course, there are times when it's pretty clear why people are
staring, but I just think we need to tread carefully when it comes to
this.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: