[nabs-l] ipad verses blindness products

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 26 18:07:46 UTC 2011

Rj,
If you really feel an Ipad fits your needs, its easy to justify.
But most email attachments will be in Word or .rtf format. I do not know if
apple products can read those.
I open attachments from professors all the time. A Braille Note or PC can
handle Word or .rtf attachments.

Do you also have  a windows pc or laptop? I do not think you should abandon
your PC windows because the workplace uses them. Keep up those skills. Using
the Microsoft office suite is critical in
getting an office job if that is what you'll do.

Are you in school? If so, justifying an Ipad is easy. Say its less expensive
than a braille notetaker. Say you will use it for notetaking and whatever
else you'll do. Say it will get you through school which in turn helps you
in your VR goal.

In my state, vr either purchases laptops, notetakers, or both; rarely have
they purchased apple products.
Let us know what you decide and if VR pays for it.

Ashley