[nabs-l] Taking acting and dancing to learn natural movementandexpression

Andi adrianne.dempsey at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 02:28:53 UTC 2011

The cha cha is latton ballroom

Andi
-----Original Message-----
From: Ashley Bramlett
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2011 4:32 PM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] Taking acting and dancing to learn natural
movementandexpression

Bridgit,
If I make it to a national convention, it would be cool to see how you
dance.

Where do you dance performing this swing, hip-hop, and latin dancing?
Do you go to formal parties or clubs? I think some night clubs have dance
floors and that type of dance is more a hip-hop thing.
I've heard from many people that those are easier to pick up. Ballet
is one of the harder dance forms; takes more precision, control and balance.
Even if you were sighted growing up, I don't know how you found time to
learn and practice all these activities!
It takes practice to get things right. But it sounds like you were a very
well rounded child. I only took private piano lessons as a kid.
I remember homework taking up so much time that I did not have much other
free time. I was listening and reading books in braille and it took longer
to study and do assignments. I could not skim for any answers in the text,
nor can I now, but we don't have to answer questions after reading a chapter
fortunately.

Anyway, did you also learn salsa?
Are the rumba and waltz latin dances? What is  the cha cha considered?

Thanks.
Ashley