[nabs-l] Blindness versuses other minority groups

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 21 17:06:37 UTC 2011

Jedi,

You bring up an interesting point: If blind children are allowed to
explore and experience just like other children, won't they exhibit more
"normal" physical behavior? Though a lot of things are picked up through
learned behavior, a lot of physical movement and expressions are natural
and instinctive as a human. I would assume a blind child allowed to be a
kid would naturally pick up certain behaviors and expressions. Children
who are sheltered and not allowed to explore space and experience the
world, I would think would have these natural instincts stifled and
suppressed, blind or sighted. Just a thought.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan