[nabs-l] A cane for the blind to improve social interaction

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 29 23:04:52 UTC 2011

Oh, I forgot one thing, giggle! This makes it sound as if the cane
guides us, but we are the ones manipulating it. We use the technique, or
"a" technique, to help us travel; the cane is a tool just like a hammer
or wrench or baby stroller- items, tools, to help us do things, but we
are the brains operating the tool. Not that it was intentional, but this
is how it sounds, to me, in the article; as though we are unable to do
something even with a cane so we need technology to tell us what to do.
Again, it's the reason behind it, along with the attitudes leading to
the reasoning, and not the cane itself that bother me.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan