[nabs-l] JAWS 11 vs. 12 with Windows 7

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 16:16:46 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I have a license for JAWS 11 and just upgraded my netbook computer to
Windows 7. I don't have an SMA, so if I want to upgrade to JAWS 12 I
have to pay for it. I am running JAWS 12 in demo mode temporarily
until I decide whether or not to upgrade. In your experience, does
JAWS 11 work well with Windows 7 or is it critical to upgrade to 12 to
get the best accessibility? I have to say that in the past I have
found little benefit from upgrading, which is why I don't have an SMA
and am hesitant to spend the money unless the upgrade is really
important, so I would appreciate some honest feedback.
Also, I noticed that the technician who installed Windows 7 on my
computer also installed Internet Explorer 9. I recall some listers
saying it is not accessible with JAWS 12, but I used it just to check
email and had no problems. What exactly is inaccessible about IE 9?
Thanks!
Arielle