[nabs-l] JAWS 11 vs. 12 with Windows 7

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 22:19:00 UTC 2011

Hi Arielle,
  Looking at some of the earlier threads, it seems that those who
suggested that IE 9 is not accessible got some misinformation-- JAWS
12 does work with iE 9. I doubt that JAWS 11 would work with it
though, but since IE 8 is still pretty widely available you should be
able to download and use that instead. I'm personally still using
Windows XP, but I know other blind people who are running the Windows
7 and JAWS 11 combo and have never heard any accessibility complaints.
I'm curious about your reference to a netbook computer. Is it a lot
smaller than a standard laptop? Do you use it as a secondary computer
when you are traveling, or is it pretty much your primary computing
device? What are its capabilities? I'm on the market for a new
computer so i'm just curious about what my options are. Thanks!
   Katie