[nabs-l] socializing tips in crowds and meetings

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 14 00:09:44 UTC 2011

Sam,
One thing that helps me is to act interested. I see too many blind people
who have their head down, rock their head, or look down.
This shows a disinterested image; it’s a body language thing and people
won't approach you easily with a hunched over person "staring" at the floor.
You need to sit up straight and have your head forward. I have central
vision so its more natural. But even ify your fully blind, having your head
up and making eye contact is a good habit.

I often have people approach me and introduce themselves so far. But I don't
meet as many people then. If I'm lucky, the individual will take me around
and introduce me to some of their friends. I wonder if nonverbal
communication would help. Anyone learned gestures? Has that made a
difference?
Ashley