[nabs-l] clothes labeling and organization

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 21:57:58 UTC 2011

If something goes together best, I put them on the same hanger. For
example, I have a red suit jacket and a red skirt that go well
together, so they go on the same hanger. For casual clothes that go
with jeans, I use metal Braille tags (I love these!) to be certain
what shirt I am picking out. Also, I put my shirts in order from
casual to formal and the casual based on weight (heavyweight
long-sleeve, heavyweight three-quarter sleeve, heavyweight
short-sleeve, then mediumweight long, medium, short slleve, and
lightweight long, medium, shortsleeve...I never have all of these at
once, of course. In winter, for example, I might have heavyweight
long, medium, and short and medium weight long and medium, plus a few
lightweight long-sleeve). It sounds more complicated than it really
is.

For socks, you can use sock sorters (rubber circles that grip the
socks inside them) and put a metal Braille tag in just one of the
socks. Just make sure to keep those socks together! For pantyhose and
stockings, you can put them in snack-size ziploc bags. I do this, and
put a plastic Braille label on the outside that says 'nude' or 'white'
or whatever it is. Then the ziploc bags gon in the drawer with socks
and such, and I don't have to worry about them being in any particular
order.