[nabs-l] techniques for shopping and trends

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 26 01:59:15 UTC 2011

Thanks Chris.
Maybe others will chime in later. I heard that personal shoppers is one
technique. I wonder how that works though. Do they select clothes based on
skin tone and size? I wonder if some stores will measure you for size. I
would expect you'd need an appointment which is fine, but I wouldn't want to
pay for a service just to pick out clothes.
Also what about shoes. Usually if I'm with family, they browse and try and
pick for me. Is it okay to browse by touching the shoes? Maybe get a shoe
salesperson to bring me to the right type of shoe and then I see what is
there? Sighted people just look around and say oh that shoe looks good. But
I wonder a better, independent way even if its with sales staff.

Ashley