[nabs-l] Lives Worth Living disability rights documentaryairs on PBS

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 26 03:02:43 UTC 2011

Jedi,
Although not as critical as ramps or elevators for physical impairments, I
suggest that building accessibility have some elements for us. This makes
navigation more efficient and independent. Label room numbers and restrooms.
Do not hang objects overhead because a cane cannot reach them. You can ask a
room number, but then you have to either find someone or wait til someone
comes by. I recall being in an older university building with no braille
signs. I had a hard time locating a particular office. I couldn't find
anyone to ask for a long time; many offices are locked so you cannot exactly
barge in and ask. But overall accessibility to buildings needs more work for
physical disabilities.
Ashley