[nabs-l] Internet Explorer 8 with Windows 7?

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 03:58:20 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I am running Windows 7 with JAWS 11 and I have found that while
Internet Explorer 9 is mostly accessible, there are certain websites
where it says there are a bunch of blank lines between fields, which
makes arrowing through the page a huge pain. It also has some trouble
reliably moving from one form field to the next. I wanted to download
IE 8 as others have mentioned. However, the Microsoft website says
that IE 8 is only compatible with Windows XP and Windows Vista. Is it
possible to run IE 8 with Windows 7? Or, is Firefox a better browser
to use with JAWS? I have used IE for years and it would take me a
while to learn Firefox but I'm willing to do it if the accessibility
is more consistent.
Thanks and apologies if these are "dumb" questions.
Best,
Arielle