[nabs-l] Techniques for shopping and trends

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 27 01:10:03 UTC 2011

Good information. But I wonder how you pick a set of colors and
complimenting styles. I wish I had a sighted sister or cousin that lives
nearby! We'd have fun shopping together.
If I stick with what I was raised with and told what looks good on me, its
solid colors. I am five feet tall, and a little overweight. My legs are a
little muscular but not long. I was told I look good in black, red and pink
blouses/tops. For casual or dressy slacks I have mostly black and blue; some
cacki. I was told black and blue slacks look good on me too. I have V neck
shirts for dressier ocasions.

Maybe I could shop with my brother's new wife. She might be able to shop
with me, but at the same time not take over the whole experience; thanks for
the reminder that sighted people touch and pick up merchandise. We just need
to do it a bit more.
I wonder if there any books about colors and body image/type.
Ashley