[nabs-l] Arkansas Association of Blind Students update

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 9 14:42:44 UTC 2011

Communication problems calling out specific names probably shouldn't be
posted here. But general
questions about getting and building student associations would be alright.
I had a similar issue in Virginia. I'd call or email board members with no
response. The virginia association of blind students still has meetings at
state convention with a board. But I got disappointed in the group. A group
should do things and communicate with each other; a group meeting once a
year with no other plans was not useful to me. So I went through college and
advocated for myself and did what I could to succeed. This list was helpful
and still is, but the students in Virginia were not so helpful.
So I know what you mean about communication challenges; but you might want
to work that out with your state board members and/or regional rep.

Ashley