[nabs-l] reflecting on the attacks

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 11:44:39 UTC 2011

I understand that safety and security are an issue.  But after
9/11, airlines I think have been treating uss mercilessly bad.
With no mercy, airlines have taken canes away, dug into babies'
bottles, taken diapers off, and so many other violations of
people's privacy.  I went to Florida with my hijab on and I had
to have somebody pat me down.  No thrills, but still.  I don't
particularly like the security checkpoints because of how they
might think of a blind person, somebody who is not WASP (white
Anlgo Saxon Protestant.)  After 9/11, some things weren't so
good, such as thhe airline security.  Even after that stupid guy
put a bomb in his underwear, there were more security issues.
I'm probably not flying back to Florida after what my parents
did, which was get a security pass without boarding a plane, to
make sure I got home.  The airlines have always been a source of
contempt for all of us, so let's think not only about the people
who died, but the repercussions that followed.
Beth