[nabs-l] accessible video games

Patrick Molloy ptrck.molloy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 01:00:29 UTC 2011

Hi All,
I'm curious to get your thoughts on this question that's been in the
back of my mind recently: Why haven't mainstream video game companies
even attempted to make their products accessible to blind people?
Wouldn't it grow their profits? And would it be all that difficult to
make a video game accessible? We have described movies, after all, and
there's the blind driver car. If they can make an accessible CAR, why
not video games? What do others think about this issue?
Patrick