[nabs-l] BrailleNote Newswire - Tech Tips Series

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 22:18:49 UTC 2011

 ---- Original Message ------
From: HumanWare <marcom at humanware.com
Subject: BrailleNote Newswire - Tech Tips Series
Date sent: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:22:49 -0400

Welcome to the HumanWare products tech tips series.  The tip
included
below is the next in a series of product tips that will be
presented via
the corresponding product NewsWire.  Product tips will range from
frequently asked questions, to descriptions of simple and useful
ways to
accomplish specific tasks with your HumanWare product.  We hope
you find
this series informative and helpful.

Q:  How long can I use my BrailleNote Apex on battery power?

A:  The Apex's battery life can very based on usage activity.
Typically
if not using wireless, bluetooth, or internet connectivity, you
should be
able to use  your Apex for a standard 8 hour work day.  Please
keep in
mind that having wireless or bluetooth turned on, or leaving
external
drives connected will decrease your battery life.

Q:  How often should I charge the battery of my BrailleNote Apex?

A:  It is best to charge the Apex nightly similar to the charging
cycle
for a cell phone.  It is not possible to over-charge the battery
and it
will always be ready for maximum use the following day.

Remember that even when the apex's power switch is turned off it
is still
drawing power from the battery in stand-by mode.  The advantage
of this
mode is that when the switch is turned on, the apex will resume
usage
almost instantly, and directly where it was left off  before the
power
switch was turned off, rather than needing to boot at start up,
similar
to a computer.

Q:  How should I store my BrailleNote Apex for an extended period
of
time?

A:  If you plan on leaving the apex unused for several days it is
best to
put your apex into deep sleep mode.  This essentially completely
turns
off the unit so  very little power is drained from the battery.
To turn
on deep sleep mode do the following:

>From the main menu press U for utilities
Press M for miscellanious options
Press space twice and press Y to answer yes to enter deep sleep
mode
Turn off the power switch

The next time you turn on theApex you will notice that it will
reset and
take a bit longer to boot, however the power level will be very
close to
where it was when you put the unit in deep sleep mode.

Regards

The HumanWare Team

Unsubscribe from email communications: