[nabs-l] GPS devices

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 05:27:41 UTC 2011

Hi all,
  As I move through graduate school and do more and more independent
travel around town, I'm starting to think that an accessible GPS
device may be an useful addition to my toolbox. Based on some
preliminary research, it seems that Treeker Breeze and the newly
released Kapten Plus are my main options (I use a Nokia Symbian phone,
so gps programs designed specifically for iphones or Windows-based
smartphones would not work for me). Has anyone had any experience with
either Treeker Breeze or Kapten? What do you like and dislike about
your device? Do you feel that it is helpful for your independent
travel? One thing I noticed with the Treeker Breeze according to its
on-line description is that it does not appear to have an earphone
jack. Have you found this problematic (I would think that it might be
hard to hear the sppeech output on the streets)? Any
impressions/experiences you have to share would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
   Katie