[nabs-l] Need for political listserve?

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 19 23:03:57 UTC 2011

Bridgit,
Well, we'll see what happens when and if a list is created. One could make
the argument you did for other topics like faith, Yet we have a faith talk
list sponsored by NFB. We could say those individuals should just go join
general faith lists instead.

On a different, more relevant note, I agree we need to be active and support
our candidates and get out in the community and vote. The problem with
accessible voting is that when I go to vote, the poll workers don't know
where the accessible talking machine is or how to get it working. I used it
a few times when the workers did know what to do though. Other times, I
still voted, with assistance though with out that accessible machine. Last
few times, what they did at my precinct was either do electronic voting via
the touch screen machine or a paper ballot. Paper ballots were marked like a
scantron form. Most citizens opted for the paper ballot because it was
quicker and they had a record of your vote then. I did that with assistance.

Also, when volunteering for my chosen congressmen, I wanted to phone
citizens like other volunteers. They follow a script and fill out forms. But
I don't know if I can do that. There's reading involved. So, I did other
tasks that did not involve reading or a computer such as organizing
literature  and stuffing envelopes for mass mailings.
So, any thoughts on how to partake in phoning people, or what is called
phone banking, would be good.

Ashley