[nabs-l] JAWS and IE 9

Sean Whalen smwhalenpsp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 17:08:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

Sorry to be late to the party on this one, and I apologize if the
question has already been answered (I think I missed a digest). I had
the same exact problem. I ultimately upgraded to JAWS 13, but you can,
I think, go in and uninstal the windows update from IE 8 to 9 and once
again run IE 8, which plays nice with JFW 11. My understanding is that
every Windows 7 machine initially shipped with IE 8 on it, so you
should be able to backtrack to that version. FS tech support at 727
803-8600 can walk you through the proscess. It is pretty straight
forward though. Just go into add/remove programs and find the IE
update. Unfortunately, I do not remember precisely how it was listed,
but I know it started with the word "windows," and the name of the
update was self-explanitory.

Take care,

Sean