[nabs-l] new york advice on apartments

Bill cassonw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 21:52:30 UTC 2012

Someone mentioned suing landlords who discriminate against blind
tenets. The thing is with any discrimination case including employment
or housing is proving that you were discriminated against. Most
employers/landlords would be able to make a possibly convincing
argument in court about why you were not given a lease or position and
it makes it hard to prove conclusively that the reason you were denied
was due to a disability. I imagine that most discrimination cases
never even make it to court and a majority of those never make it to
an actual verdict in favor of the prosecution. Maybe I am just being
cenacle, but that is how I feel about our system.
Bill