[nabs-l] questions about a mac bok pro

Laurel laurel.stockard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:29:10 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I have to confess, I haven't been watching the recent thread where
people were talking about mac vs. pc. I wanted to buy a mac but I
didn't have the money so I was putting it off. This week I got some
very unexpected money from somewhere (I don't wanna go into all the
details) but I have enough to buy a mac. I plan to do so but I wanted
to ask some questions about the mac that maybe some of y'all could
answer for me.

1. Do you all prefer the Mac Book Pro (lap top) or the iMac (desk top).
2, those of you who use JAWS and switched to voice over on the mac,
how hard/easy was the switch? I already use voice over on the
iPad/iPhone but I'm not used to it on the mac yet.
3, Do any of you use Kurzweil for scanning? I have Kurzweil 1000 for
windows, and I don't know what to do for my scanning program on a mac.
Should I use my Kurzweil, I know you can use mac to run programs that
run on windows, or should I switch to another program. What other
scanning programs out there work well with voice over?

4, is there anything else, accessibility related as far as softwear
goes, that I should know before I make the switch?

I plan on keeping my pc at least for the summer so I can slowly switch
over and have time to get used to a mac. I know this is a long email,
but for you mac users out there, thanks for the help. It's
appreciated.
Laurel and Stockard