[nabs-l] New to the list.

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 18:53:21 UTC 2012

Dear John,
Welocme to the list! We have a very diverse group of students and
professionals here, and I'm sure you'll find your place in the group
in no time.

My name is Jewel. I am also attending community college, in Raleigh,
NC. I'm working on a transfer Associat of Arts, hoping to transfer to
Louisiana Tech University for a degree in Special Education, toward
getting a Master's degree in Special Education of the Blind. I hope to
become a TVI, specializing in Braille.

I am not hearing impaired myself, but I know someone who is deafblind,
and she's going to get a guide dog to help in travel. Have you
considered this route? I bet a guide dog would help you in your
travels immensely. You might consider it!

What courses are you taking (and probably about done with, since this
is the end of the semester for most people)? What kind of courses do
you have to take to become an organ performer? I imagine music
appreciation and classes like that, but I wouldn't know what else.
Please tell us more about your degree program!

Again, welcome to the list, and I look forward to hearing more about
your studies and yourself.

~Jewel