[nabs-l] citing APA style

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 22:28:43 UTC 2012

Hi Ashley,
Do the following:
1. Write the authors' names, last name and then first initials for
each author, i.e. "Sherman, D. & Cohen, G." Use an ampersand rather
than the word "and".
2. Put the publication year in parentheses with a period after it.
3. Write the article title in plain format (no quotes or italics) and
only capitalize the first word of the title and the first word after
the colon if there is a colon in the middle of the title. Put a period
after the article title.
4. Write the journal title in italics and follow it with a comma.
5. Write the volume number in italics, then put either a colon or
parentheses (but no space) after the volume number and put the issue
number in regular font (no italics).
6. Put the page numbers last, in regular font and follow with a period.

Hope this helps,
Arielle