[nabs-l] files in protected view

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 16:37:04 UTC 2012

Hi Patrick and all,

The Protected View is a feature of MS Word, rather than Outlook, 2010,
and there is actually a way to turn it off permanently. Assuming that
you have Virtual Ribbons enabled, open MS Word, navigate to the File
tab by pressing Alt plus f, then arrow down to select Options. In the
Categories combo box, select Trust Center, then tab over to the Trust
Center Settings button and press Enter. Select Protected View in the
Category combo box, then press Tab. Uncheck the box next to Email
Attachments and you should be set to go. Note that if you regularly
work with files saved in web sharing services such as Dropbox, you may
want to uncheck the box next to Files From The Internet too, as MS
Word would otherwise open any web-based documents in Protected View.
Feel free to ask for clarifications if you have any problems following
these instructions. I was very frustrated with the Protected View when
first switching to MS Office 2010 as well and was glad that I found a
permanent solution via a Google Search. Hope this helps!

Katie

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/dotkid.nusbaum%40gmail.c