[nabs-l] Black board question

Mary Fernandez trillian551 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:04:30 UTC 2012

Hello All,
Blackboard 9.0 and later is fully accessible with JAWS. The only
reason why BB wouldn't work with Jaws is if your school doesn't use
the latest version. But, if they do, you should be fine. I used it
with Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer, and they all worked pretty
well, though I do prefer Firefox. There is a great accessibility link
that will give you keyboard shortcuts. When you can't read PDFs that
your professors put up, that's not a blackboard issue, that just means
that they didn't OCR their documents so Jaws can't read it. Good luck
and let me know if you have any further questions.
Mary

--
Mary Fernandez
Emory 2012