[nabs-l] Advanced foreign language advice needed

Mary Fernandez trillian551 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:41:12 UTC 2012

Hi Alleha,
The first thing you need to do, is ask the professor to read the
relevant information on the Powerpoint. This is an easy enough
acconmodation that they should make.
I took French classes in the 300 level, and I always met with my
professors and explained how important it is for them to verbalize the
information you need. Through my language classes i made a folder for
whatever language it was, and then made files within that folder. So
I'd have, conjugations, vocab, general notes, etc. I use a QRTY
keyboard braillenote so I just did the control|Z to switch between
files. I found that for the most part it wasn't too difficult to keep
up with my notes. I didn't really use my laptop for note taking as I
found Jaws to be hard to understand in French and Italian. Please let
me know if you have further questions. Hope that helps a bit.
Mary

--
Mary Fernandez
Emory 2012