[nabs-l] Iphone apps for students

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 15:03:10 UTC 2012

Hello,
First of all I would suggest that you buy a small bluetooth keyboard
to use with your phone. Taking notes is really a lot faster that way.
I don't think you can find a single app that will do everything that
you need. You can probably use the Pages app to take notes. I
personally haven't used it a lot so I'm not sure which file formats it
can save to, but I'm pretty sure it should be able to open Ms Word and
rtf files. You can also try and see how accessible ppt files are when
using the Keynote iPhone app. Maybe someone else on this list is
familiar with it? Both Pages and Keynote work with iCloud, so you
should be able to access your documents from any computer through the
icloud.com site.
The Dropbox app for iOS is quite nice and it allows you to view many
kinds of files, but it won't let you edit them.
I have used the Notes app that comes installed on the iPhone and it
works just fine when taking simple notes in class. You can easily
organize notes by date and give them a title. It is also possible for
you to email notes, and you can even use the Voice Memos app to record
the lecture at the same time, in case you miss anything and you want
to add it to your notes later.
Hope it helps!

Sent from my iPhone