[nabs-l] Reading PDF's in Firefox

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 22:19:07 UTC 2012

Hi all,
Speaking of PDF documents, I am having a problem reading PDF's with
the Firefox browser and am wondering if any of you have found any
solutions. When I go to a website that has a link to a PDF document,
like a course website or a restaurant website with PDF menus, and I
press enter to open the link to the PDF, after Adobe loads the file,
JAWS says "Open embedded object button graphic" but pressing enter on
this button, or left-clicking it, does absolutely nothing.
Occasionally I have gotten the PDF to open after entering a bunch of
random commands in frustration, but I haven't figured out how to
reliably get JAWS to read the PDF embedded in a Firefox webpage. Any
suggestions? I am using the latest version of Firefox but because I am
cheap, JAWS 11. Do I need to upgrade JAWS in order to do this?
Arielle