[nabs-l] Taking notes with a laptop when reading textbooks

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 01:02:06 UTC 2012

Hello,
I read the textbook before hand and don't even touch it in class. I just
write in a word document what the teacher is saying, even if it is already
in the text book. It would look something like this attached. When I write
notes I write in Brandonies, so it looks like  example1. I then spellcheck
it and whatnot when I get home if I feel like it and come up with example2.
Reading guide:
the star is something he wrote on the board and that would be on the tests.
Questions are always at the bottom so I can hurriedly go down to the
question and ask it or type a new one.
I try separating things by topic types, but that doesn't always work.
There are fun facts in there that are by themselves, just for my info.

Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs