[nabs-l] Save-the-Date! Diversity in Disability Symposium April 14 2012

David Dodge daviddod at buffalo.edu
Wed Feb 1 16:25:15 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,
On behalf of the Diversity in Disability Planning Committee at the
University at Buffalo (UB) I would like to present to you UB's first
"Diversity in Disability" symposium. *Please note that this event is free,
includes lunch, and is open to anyone wishing to participate!*

*WHO:*
Dr. Mike Rembis, PhD.
Associate Director of the Center for Disability Studies
SUNY’s University at Buffalo

Ari Ne’eman
Founding President of The Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN)

Stacey Milbern
Community Outreach Director - National Youth Leadership Network (NYLN)

Zach Anner
Comedian and Host - “Rolling With Zach” on OWN

*WHAT:*
When one thinks of diversity what comes to mind? Usually, we think of race,
religion, and ethnicity. This symposium, appropriate for students, faculty,
and professionals, will explore “Diversity in Disability.” Disability is
not an obstacle; it’s a difference! Hear from national level presenters,
question panel participants, and see exhibits from Buffalo’s Museum of
disABILITY History as we explore and grow to understand and appreciate
these differences.

*WHERE:*
Center for Tomorrow
Flint & Service Center Roads
University at Buffalo North Campus
Amherst, NY 14260

*WHEN:*
Saturday, April 14, 2012
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Registration sign in begins at 8:30!

*HOW:
*Go to the following website to
register:<https://www.ubevents.org/regengine/event_page.php>
http://www.ubevents.org/event/ddsymposium
<http://www.ubevents.org/event/ddsymposium%20>

Please see attached for more information. We encourage you to forward this
e-mail to students, faculty, staff, and members of the community!

David
David Dodge
Doctoral Degree Granting Institutions Rep.
State University of New York Student Assembly
English Major
University at Buffalo
306 Clemens Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260