[nabs-l] asking for advice on problem at school

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 01:39:40 UTC 2012

Chris,

Don't take grief from bullies. This is easy for all of us to say who are now
out of middle school, out of high school, in college, or beyond. Yes, talk
about it. I'm glad you mentioned it on this list, talk to your parents about
it, talk to your teachers about it, and talk to your friends about it. I
know from personal experience it is far more valuable to have a friend
watching your back than official punishment for the bullies. If you have
friends watching your back, and he knows it, he is far more unlikely to do
stuff than if he thinks you are isolated.

Also, don't give this kid attention. If he thinks he is bothering you he
will continue. I personally found that getting mad at the bullies was not
affective. I personally found that not providing the bullies with a reaction
was the best solution.

Good luck with middle school, I know it is a difficult time to be a blind
student.

Good luck,

Mark