[nabs-l] asking for advice on problem at school

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 23:30:20 UTC 2012

Hi, Chris.  I'd talk to the principal and the kid.  And I'd make
it clear that taking advantage of you is no game plan from now
on.  I'd also tell him not to mess around with you because you're
blind, and for any reason.  We already have a lot of problems in
elementary and middle schools with bullies.  Bullies abuse and
harass LGBT kids and handicapped kids who are labeled with the
aggressive R word, which I will not use on this list.  We do not
need a bully in your corner, do we?  AFter all, bullies can
arrouse some pretty mean stuff in kids, especially good kids.  If
this kid for instance dumped a bag of pretzels into a water
bottle, tell him he needs to buy you another water bottle.  I
stayed at a facility once where a kid dumped milk in my cereal,
and someone told me he was doing so.  I screamed at him (don't
try that because some people won't take kindly to that, but just
be firm if you can.) and told him he better get me another bowl
of cereal and leave me alone.  I didn'gt particularly like the
kid in question because he was creepy and thought Hillary Duff
was watching him through his CD player.  Talk about mentally
disturbed.  Hmmmm.
Good luck.
Beth